INDORAMAL.COM - In general, ENTP is known as a person who is easy to get along with, enthusiastic, flexible, and independent. Their intuition (N) allows them to see a world of possibilities, while their objective thinking (T) and external orientation (E) help turn these possibilities into ideas and plans ("Talk type", Otto Kroeger). This is the reason why David Keirsey, author of "Please Understand Me" and "Please Understand Me II", calls ENTPs "Inventor".
ENTPs account for about 2-5 percent of the general population with most ENTPs being male. Being very entrepreneurial and independent, ENTP usually finds ways to manage their work and lives as they wish. Therefore, ENTPs are not too inclined towards leadership (unlike ENTJ or ESTJ), perhaps because being a leader involves many responsibilities, which can limit the freedom of ENTP. Are you an ENTP? Discover now!
ENTPs are about taking advantage of opportunities. Their unique ability to see relationships between seemingly unrelated things, their flexibility, and courage to set action-oriented plans to get the results they want help them realize their potential in many areas of their lives.
Even when they work in an organization, ENTP tends to behave like an entrepreneur; this can sometimes endanger their position or make their co-workers uncomfortable. However, ENTP is not a person who is easily feared and will do whatever needs to be done to feel as independent and free as possible.
People with ENTP personality types tend to defy rules and often ignore established procedures. Their worst nightmare is to work under someone who demands many of the following rules; if you want to hang out with your ENTP subordinates, consider making a suggestion instead of giving an order.
The young ENTP is very entrepreneurial and adventurous:
- They continue to look for gaps or opportunities that are not noticed by others.
- They set only flexible goals that allow them to enter new information as they study and adapt to new circumstances, if necessary.
- In most areas, they insist on opening their options.
- They cannot refuse to explore original new ways of doing things.
- They rarely do the same thing the same way twice.
- They don't like routine.
- They have a lot of interest.
- They tend to have more than one career focus.
Another name for ENTP
The descriptive name for ENTP is included
- Inventor Explorer (Linda Berens)
- Enthusiastic Innovator (Alan Brownsword)
- Inventor (David Keirsey)
- Precocious Planner (Jonathan P. Niednagel)
- Enterprising Explorer (official MBTI site)
- Other online games include "The Visionary" (Truity) and "The Debater" (16Personalities).
When compared with the four classic temperaments, ENTP is equivalent to the mixed Sanguine-Choleric type.
The meaning of ENTP
ENTP stands for extraversion (E), intuition (N), thinking (T), and perceived (P).
- Being extraverted (also spelled as extroverted) means you have an external focus and energize by being active and spending time with others.
- Being intuitive means you can see possibilities and connections between things that aren't immediately clear to everyone. This also means that you would rather deal with ideas and concepts than just facts and details.
- Thinking means you make decisions based on logic.
- Being perceived means that you are a spontaneous person and likes to leave your choices open rather than having a firm plan.
ENTP in Love, Dating, and Relationships
Because ENTP likes to leave their options open, they may find it difficult to commit and tend to remain single for a long time. Therefore, ENTPs can usually find out whether a relationship with a certain person has potential from day one. Unfortunately, even if ENTP sees you as a potential partner, they will still be reluctant to do so if they feel they have not explored all possibilities (LIFETypes, Sandra Hirsh). This is the reason why you have a much higher chance with an older ENTP who feels that he has played enough and it is time to explore family life.
Being with ENTP is not for everyone: ENTP requires a lot of freedom and independence; unless their partners are very confident and independent, the relationship might not work. However, this does not mean that all ENTPs want someone as adventurous and independent as themselves; ENTP can crave a stable partner with traditional family values. Therefore, it is more common for ENTP to fall in love with someone they don't know, someone who can challenge them intellectually consistently. They tend to be bored with predictable partners, even when it's something they initially crave.
Just as ISFJ men may struggle with their natural inclinations against what is expected of them, ENTP women are sometimes deemed not feminine, except that they don't care! Courageous, competitive, argumentative, and witty, they are too much to handle for some men. Unlike ISFJ men, ENTP women do not feel they need to change their natural tendencies by becoming more like traditional female stereotypes.
ENTP Decision Making Process
Before making a decision, ENTP will usually spend a lot of time in the exploration phase. Because of ENTP's unique ability to generate a large number of ideas and their tendency to continue to look for new opportunities, they usually end up with many choices. They will try to examine each option logically, often using a list of predetermined criteria to facilitate the decision-making process.
ENTP Learning Style
ENTP likes to study for the sake of learning and not for grades or recognition. Because they are not too focused on grades, they may look careless when it comes to assignments and tests, which can produce average performance. Even if their grades are average or below average, ENTP may still be very passionate about the subject matter. Unlike their better-performing classmates who only go on and study for other tests, ENTPs may devote a lot of personal time to researching subjects they care about.
Generally ENTP students
- want to be taught concepts rather than facts,
- look at the logical basics of the concept and build it to develop their thinking style,
- prefer difficult materials that stimulate their minds,
- like to argue,
- work harder when researching subjects they like.
ENTP Leadership Style
ENTP leaders encourage independence and initiative in their subordinates. More than any other type, ENTPs tend to introduce new, unconventional ways of doing things and know how to get their teams excited about this change. They may have difficulty realistically evaluating the time needed to meet their goals, but they expect everyone to reflect on the pace of their work.
ENTP leaders sometimes frustrate others by failing to provide all the details needed for the project. Because of their vast ways of thinking, they will usually only give the big picture to others, pointing others in the right direction but skipping important details.
In general, ENTP is a great visionary and innovative thinker. Unfortunately, several other types have difficulty working under ENTP's leadership. Those who need stability, security, and structure are most likely to be uncomfortable with ENTP leaders.
Ideal Job Settings for ENTP
ENTPs require a flexible work environment that allows as much autonomy as possible. Too many rules and bureaucracy hinder ENTP creativity and make it very unhappy. ENTPs want to solve complex problems with people who are as independent and creative as themselves.
Random Facts About ENTP
- ENTP are extroverts that require a lot of personal space, some even call ENTPs "extroverted introverts".
- ENTPs have many bright ideas; Unfortunately, they are not patient enough to follow up.
- ENTP gets bored easily.
- ENTP is a very capable person, but they lack motivation.
- Although ENTPs usually appear to be well-read, it is not uncommon for them to never finish a book.
- There are times when ENTP seems happy to argue with the authorities.
- ENTP is very resourceful.
- ENTP consistently scans the environment for opportunities and possibilities.
- ENTP is very good at improvising.
- ENTPs are enthusiastic and able to spread their enthusiasm to others.
- ENTPs can assess situations quickly - they are fast thinkers.
- ENTPs are passionate about challenges - they provide them with much-needed mental stimulation and keep them from getting bored.
- ENTPs enjoy travel and adventures that dare to take risks.
Careers for ENTP Personality Types
- Advertising Director
- Aerospace Engineer
- Art Director
- Computer analyst
- Construction Worker
- Company Coach
- Cost Estimator
- Creative director
- Credit Investigator
- Criminal law expert
- Design manager
- Director of Education
- Environmental scientists
- Financial Planner
- Health Care Administrator
- HR Recruiter
- Industrial Designer
- Industrial Engineer
- Internet Architect
- Investment Broker
- Literary agent
- Management consultant
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Staff
- Marketing Researcher
- Mortgage Brokers
- Organizational Psychologist
- Political Analyst
- Political Manager
- Political scientist
- Property manager
- Public Administrator
- Public Relations Specialist
- Real Estate Agent
- Real Estate Developer
- Research Worker
- Restaurant owner
- Sales Agent Strategy
- Sales manager
- School Psychologist
- Social scientists
- Special Project Developers
- System Designer
- City Planner
- Venture Capitalist
One of the clearest examples of people who tend to belong to the ENTP personality type is Tim Ferriss. Be it work, cooking, or sports, Ferriss is dedicated to finding loopholes to achieve better results and faster than others. Travel the world, get more while working less, learn complex skills in a short amount of time - Ferriss can be very inspiring and entertaining.
On the other hand, some criticize it for not providing concrete steps to achieve the promised results. While it may be true that the Ferris Team sometimes misses some important details, this criticism likely comes from people who belong to personality types who need clarity, stability, and structure. The type of person like that is never comfortable with ENTP no matter what they do, but many others appreciate the inspiration and enthusiasm given by ENTPs.
Some other famous people who tend to be ENTP are
- Steve Wozniak
- Catherine the Great, Russian consort
- Leonardo Da Vinci
- Albus Dumbledore from "Harry Potter"
- Olaf from "Frozen"
- Mercutio from "Romeo and Juliet"
Keywords : eg entp, entp personality, entp